Petrus PE3280 5 Bar Espresso Coffee Machine Review
I failed to heed the warning and yesterday, the modem I ordered online turned out to be a lemon.
Thankfully, the mercury retrograde doesn't apply to coffee machines. Yesterday, I finally received my new espresso machine from Shopee and today I was finally able to try making coffee with it.
When I used to play The Sims, the espresso machine is one of the big ticket items that you get later in life once you have made it big, along with the hot tub, and the flat screen TV.
The first time I bought a coffeemaker was maybe in 2020 and at that time I remember the cheapest espresso machine was like more than 6,000 pesos.
I was able to buy the Petrus PE3280 5 Bar Espresso Coffee Machine at a steep discount. I only paid around 1,267 pesos!
My first observation was that the coffee tasted well extracted. Using the french press, I always feel like its either under extracted or over extracted.
My first try at the milk steamer was not successful. At first I thought, it was a matter of being still so I took of my shirt and focused hard on holding the mug with milk without moving an inch. But nothing happened. Later, as I was watching some videos of people using an espresso machine with a wand, it suddenly dawned on me that you needed water to produce steam and maybe I needed to fill the tank with water for the steam wand to work, right? I blame it on the badly written manual that did not mention putting water in the tank first because using the wand to froth milk.
Anyway, even though mercury retrograde doesn't end until tomorrow, I decided to order another modem online. It's a branded one and there is a 12% off that's ending soon, so Mercury retrograde my foot!






Comments
Post a Comment