Malling During Coronavirus


After not having visited any of the big malls along the highway since quarantine began, I decided to finally visit one which is the closest to where I live.



What I found was not very encouraging. I went there during lunch hour so it normally would be packed with people who work in the nearby offices. I could hear many employees complaining about the lack of public transportation to bring them to work.


Things were quiet at the supermarket as well.



Shelves that carry products like powdered milk and instant noodles have a sign on them that you can only buy so much.

I asked the lady at the checkout counter how she would go to work and she said that when there were zero public transport, she would walk since she lived about 2 kilometres away. I asked her if there were any shuttles provided by the company but she said there were none. Very sad. I think it really helps their morale when people ask them how they are, though.


Look at what I found! I bought one from the store nearby (when I ran out whiskey) but the lady gave me the “light” version which I found out was only 27% alcohol (it's for wimps). This one is for the big boys with almost 40% alcohol in it. Yay! Yes, in case you're wondering, coronavirus has made me become an alcoholic *shudders.

The good news is that there are no more lines outside the supermarket.


The mall that I visited was actually a community mall and not exactly one of the big ones with huge crowds in them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

14 Call Center Interview Questions & Answers

Zamboanga Hermosa song lyrics