How To Get Better Internet Connection With Globe My Business Huawei B312-939 Modem

My mom recently bought a Globe My Business modem which is actually a Huawei B312-939 modem in Pagadian city but said that it was too slow. She sent it to me because she thought that I would have better luck with Globe's internet signal here in Manila. I already knew that Globe's internet signal is too weak where I live but it's still usable if I closed my eyes, held my breath and counted to one hundred. Anyway, when I got the Huawei B312-939 modem, I was surprised because it was even slower than the usual slow internet I experience with my Globe Prepaid SIM which I use on my phone. I figured it had something to do with the settings since I'm using both of them in the same place. For several hours, I tried tinkering with the settings to no avail.

I researched about it and found out that the Huawei B312-939 modem's settings is severely limited. Apparently, there is a wider array of options available if you logged in as an 'administrator' and not simply as a 'user'. Buying a password to gain administrator access is possible online. I saw that they were charging 250 pesos for it but I didn't really want to pay 250 pesos so I dug some more and found a way to game the restrictions and change the settings of the Huawei B312-939 modem to get better internet connection. I initially found a YouTube video wherein they made you jump through hoops just to find out how to do it. First you needed to click this and that. and later you had to send a message in Facebook to get a link. I told myself, forget it! But thankfully, I found the page where the developer of this God-send tool (it's actually a Chrome extension) hosted the files (which are open source by the way).

The Huawei B312-939 Admin Tool was developed by a certain Chris Laconsay and can be downloaded here. Note that even though it is called an admin tool, it does NOT grant you admin access to your Huawei B312-939 modem. This tool (through some magic trick) manages to change your band and antenna settings even though you only have 'user' access permission in the modem's dashboard.

The Huawei B312-939 Admin Tool worked like magic. I'm only sorry that people who wouldn't have the patience to research these things will probably end up simply throwing the modem on the wall, curse Globe, and give up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

14 Call Center Interview Questions & Answers

Zamboanga Hermosa song lyrics