My Philatelic Collection

I was browsing the photos in my Flickr account and came across some stamps which I bought from the post office in Zamboanga city when I was in high school. I thought of sharing them here.



150 years since the first Philippine stamp


50th anniversary stamp of Grepalife

100th anniversary stamps of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines

100 years of Philippine aviation stamp

150 years of good rum from Tanduay stamp


A stamp featuring different kinds of architecture in the Philippines during different time periods


This was my favorite stamp of them all. Maybe it was because during this time, I was collecting cacti and succulents.


Prior to discovering that the post office sold these very nice stamps, I always thought that all Philippine stamps looked like the plain stamps we usually see on letters featuring Philippine icons like the Maya bird or the Sampaguita flower. So imagine my surprise when I found out that the Philippines actually had very pretty stamps (and were just gathering dust inside the post office). I later found out that these stamps were specially issued for philatelic purposes.

Today, PhilPost continues to issue very nice stamps for certain occasions. They are usually available at central post offices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

Zamboanga Hermosa song lyrics

Cuando by Comic Relief song lyrics