14 Call Center Interview Questions & Answers

Image
The call center industry is one of the fastest growing in the country these days. As recently as ten years ago, there were only a few call center agents and the word call center was hardly ever used in the country. Today, almost every family has at least one member working in the call center industry. The reason for this boom is partly economics. In the Philippines, low paying jobs are very notorious and while call centers set up shop here because of the low labor costs, Filipinos decide to work for the call center industry because it pays higher than average wages. Consider this: if you are an average worker with an entry level position, you probably are getting paid seven to ten thousand a month; meanwhile, an average employee in the call center industry with an entry level position will get around fifteen thousand pesos a month, plus free dental and health benefits (HMO). Call centers also will pay your SSS (Social Security), PAGIBIG (home building fund), and PhilHealth (health ins

Smart's Magic Call Promo Review


A few days ago, I needed to call an office and the only phone number available was a landline. Since I only had a mobile phone, I did a quick search online for rates when calling a landline from a mobile phone and I was surprised at the exorbitant rates!

Fortunately, I stumbled upon Smart's promo offer called Magic Call. Magic Call allows Smart users to call any mobile phone (all networks) as well as landlines in the Philippines.

Smart Magic Call is perfect for me because the promo does not expire. I mean I hardly call anyone using the cellphone so having to call a landline is a very rare occurrence for me.

When calling toll free numbers, your Magic Call minutes will not be deducted. You will instead be charged a flat rate of 8 pesos. This is useful when calling banks and you anticipate being on hold for a very long time. Otherwise, it's better to call the regular landline phone number.

Magic Call is available at 99 pesos and 199 pesos. You get 50 minutes at 99 pesos which is approximately 2 pesos per minute and 150 minutes at 199 pesos which is less than 1.50 pesos per minute. 

I really liked the promo and found it very useful but remember that even a one-second phone call is counted as one minute so a 9 minute and 1 second phone call is charged as 10 minutes. I'm not sure if this is also the case when calling a mobile phone from another mobile phone but I have a lot of minutes available for calling mobile phones so it doesn't matter to me.

When I was new in Manila, I remember having to go to a sari-sari store to make phone calls to a landline. It was one of the many humbling experiences I had when I left Zamboanga city. At that time, payphones were no longer a thing.

Smart's Magic Call promo is available through the Smart App.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

Zamboanga Hermosa song lyrics

Cuando by Comic Relief song lyrics