Sultan Kudarat Coffee


Have you known that Sultan Kudarat is a coffee producer? I was browsing some Facebook groups dedicated to Philippine coffee a few weeks ago and came across Decano's Coffee. They have been in the coffee business since 1962 and are the first coffee roasters in Tacurong city. And because we are now our own barista, I decided to give them a try.

Ever since I found out about Sulu coffee, I have been trying to find out anything and everything about the coffee culture in Mindanao. Apparently, coffee has had a very long history in that part of the country and it's a shame that not a lot of attention is given to it. Even though most coffee produced in Mindanao is of the Robusta variety, some people claim that it is at par or better than Arabica.

Even though it was sent out the same day I purchased it, my order of a kilo of medium dark roasted coffee beans from Decano's Coffee arrived by LBC Cash on Pickup after two weeks because of the quarantine. I had the chance to experience the new normal at the LBC branch where I opted to pick up my parcel which I have to say is not at all pretty. I thought that if I had to go to the mall and experience the same thing, I think I can wait even five years before going malling again.

With tasting notes that evoke nuts, tobacco, and chocolate, Decano's Coffee truly tastes like premium coffee beans. I love how its flavor is very smooth and even which tells you how much effort and attention is given to its sorting process. and I think people are right, you really can't distinguish it from the more expensive coffee bean brands.

Today, most coffee from Mindanao are in the form of instant coffee that a lot of us consume every morning. If you wish to try out native coffee from Mindanao and support local farmers, you may send a message to Decano's Coffee at their Facebook page.

P.S.

Are we the last generation to experience mass gatherings?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

Baram Premium Buffet Restaurant Review

Cuando by Comic Relief song lyrics