Sugar and Ice Artisanal Ice Cream Review

It has been two years and a half since I last stepped foot in Zamboanga city and my, things have really changed. I am seeing so many new restaurants in the city and of course, there is now a mall that can definitely rival SM called KCC Mall De Zamboanga.

While moseying along the KCC Mall de Zamboanga, I saw this very charming stall that was selling what looked like fancy ice cream like the ones you see in Metro Manila malls.


Taste and Price

When I saw a scoop cost only 35 pesos, I told myself to keep my expectations very low. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted it. It was to die for! I told myself that I simply had to blog and tell everybody about Sugar and Ice!


Ice Cream

Sugar and Ice's ice cream has this really rich and creamy texture and sophisticated flavor. I really couldn't believe that I was eating really good, to-die-for ice cream at such a low price!

Sugar and Ice's ice cream comes in several different flavors but my favorite is coffee crumble. 😊


History

Sugar and Ice started as a home-based business in 2013 by Candice Angela Hau. Aside from the stall that sells ice cream at KCC, Sugar and Ice also has a cafe along Veterans Avenue (in front of Doctor's Hospital) which was established in 2015.

I'm not sure what the story is behind the name Sugar and Ice. I initially thought that it came from the line in Power Puff Girls, sugar, spice, and everything nice. 😝 But, it turns out that Sugar and Ice is a kind of personality wherein an individual can be both friendly and cold at the same time.

Cafe

After tasting their artisan ice cream, I decided to visit their cafe along Veterans Avenue. Sugar and Ice cafe offers a lot of choices like sundaes, ice cream cakes, pasta, sandwiches, and affordable rice meals.




More Ice Cream

Sugar and Ice also sells their ice cream in containers of 200ml (50PHP), 500ml (120PHP), and 1L (250PHP).




Menu













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

Zamboanga Hermosa song lyrics

Cuando by Comic Relief song lyrics