Legends of India Restaurant Buffet Review

It all started when my friend and I ate at the New Bombay restaurant which was an Indian restaurant just in front of RCBC. It was my first time to eat Indian, and I totally loved it. Yes, it was expensive, and the serving was small but it felt like the price was just right because the quality of the food was superb.

Anyway, one day I stumbled upon the Cash Cash Pinoy website and saw the Legends of India buffet voucher. It was discounted some 60%! So I immediately set out to purchase one. Imagine paying 300 php for an Indian Food buffet. I thought, what a great deal it was, NOT!!!


My friend and I met at the Buendia MRT station. I know from experience that Jupiter Street is not that far away from the train station. Well, I was right, it wasn't that far away but what I didn't know was that Jupiter Street span probably a hundred meters. But I thought, oh hell, I need all the hunger I can muster for the buffet. So my friend and I walked some seventy-five meters from the train station to the restaurant.

When we got to the restaurant, I immediately noticed that the ambiance was nice. It had a nice elegant feel to it. Not much "Indian" decor but it was nice nonetheless. The only Indian references in the restaurant were the Bollywood performances being shown in the large flat screen TV and the Hindu (?) gods on the counter.

The voucher said that the buffet would be open at 12 PM but 15 minutes before 12, they already allowed us to take food from the buffet table.

We began with the appetizers. The appetizers looked like Empanadas stuffed with potatoes and chicken. There was also soup. This was where I began feeling dismayed with the food. At first I thought it was just me. But my friend confirmed my suspicion. I honestly could not believe that I was tasting such horrible food from a seemingly nice restaurant. It was just really bad!






Then my friend and I thought, oh maybe it's just the appetizers, we haven't tried the main courses yet. Oh boy! Was I in for a big disappointment! When we got to the main course, all our hopes vanished. The curry sauce was watered down. The rice did not feel right in the mouth. I really just couldn't believe that I was tasting such horrible food. Every single dish was just a class A disaster!






I couldn't understand it either. There were Indian customers in the restaurant so you would think that the food is good. I actually had a sneaking suspicion that the quality of the food had something to do with the fact that it was a smorgasbord. But one would think that they entered the buffet deal to promote the restaurant. I mean doesn't it make sense to lose some money and as a result gain a regular customer? Isn't that how marketing works? I just don't get it.

We left this restaurant very disappointed.

At this point, you might think that I should probably mention some redeeming qualities of this restaurant but I'm not going to. Why? Because there're none. I honestly felt like I should've just stayed at home, cooked Pancit Canton, and watched TV.

I'm going to end this entry with a two word description of the Legends of India buffet experience: Useless and Disappointing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

No te Vayas de Zamboanga Song Lyrics

14 Call Center Interview Questions & Answers