My Home Made Mayonnaise

Last night, I dreamed that I was making mayonnaise in my blender.

In the past, I have been trying to make mayonnaise by hand and using a blender only to end up with a watery substance. But because of my dream (where I successfully made mayonnaise using a blender), I told myself that I should try again. 😊

This time though, instead of ending up with a watery substance I got real thick mayonnaise (just like in my dream)! 🙌 I think that what made the difference was following the recipe to the letter. In the past, I haven't been doing so because the recipes I found online called for a lot of oil and uggh, who wants to eat oil right? But I realized that mayonnaise is a product of emulsion which is a chemical process, therefore, the amount of oil in the recipe had to be followed.

The ingredients I used for my homemade mayonnaise were oileggssalt, mustard powder, vinegar, basil, and garlic. However, the mustard powder, basil, and garlic are optional. This is the result of my emulsion experiment. 😀



People, we've been had! All along, I thought mayonnaise was something you HAD to buy from the supermarket! But no, you can actually make it at home! And I can't believe that something that costs a lot in the supermarket is super cheap when you do it at home! I'm never buying mayonnaise from the store ever again! 💪

And of course, homemade mayonnaise is healthier too because it doesn't have any preservatives. Just don't eat too much of it. The small jar of mayonnaise in the photo was made using one cup of oil. Just to give you an idea of how calorific mayonnaise is, one tablespoon of oil is more than a hundred calories already so do go easy on that mayonnaise. 😛

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

14 Call Center Interview Questions & Answers

No te Vayas de Zamboanga Song Lyrics