Letter Writing and Philately

My friend told me that we are one day doomed to suffer the same fate as the people of Atlantis, that is, our descendants wouldn't know anything about us because everything is digital. If you think about it, it might become true because hardly anything is in black and white these days. Anyway, to help out our descendants, I thought I'd take up letter writing. 😊 Plus, it has been fifteen years since I last wrote and received a letter so there's novelty in it. 😜


So last weekend, I went to National Bookstore to buy some scented pretty stationery (like the ones that girls loved to collect when I was in elementary school). The lady asked me if I was referring to stationery yung pang dalaga (she probably thought I was going to write someone a love letter). Tee hee. 😁 But alas, I was told that they don't sell that kind of stationery anymore! I had to content myself with colored paper and colored envelopes.


I am writing to three people who I have never personally met but who I have gotten to know very well over the past few years. One is from Mexico, another from Japan, and another one from Brazil. Hopefully, it won't take several months for my letters to arrive.

Signed and Sealed

My experience at the local post office was very pleasant. The last time I went to the post office to mail a letter was when I was in elementary school (it was a school field trip). I remember that we had to buy paste to stick the stamps on the envelope and sort our letters into the international and domestic repositories. But times have changed. When I went to the local post office where I live, I only had to to give the post office employee the letters and my payment and voila! I was charged P165.00 for all three letters. Remind me to ask for a receipt or at least a breakdown of the charges next time. 😐

I also plan on resurrecting my inactive stamp collection over the next few months. When I inquired about stamps for philatelic purposes at the local post office, they told me that only the big post offices sell them so I might visit one of those some time in the future. Wish me luck! 😀

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

Zamboanga Hermosa song lyrics

Cuando by Comic Relief song lyrics