Dennis Coffee Garden Review

I first heard about Dennis Coffee Garden from a classmate in college. I read from some history book that coffee beans from Sulu used to fetch a really high price in the world market back in the Spanish colonial era. So when I learned that Dennis Coffee Garden served coffee made from coffee beans grown in Sulu, I was instantly interested and told myself that I will definitely drop by when I get a chance to visit Zamboanga city.


History

Dennis Coffee Garden first started in Jolo, Sulu in 1962 before it was brought to Zamboanga city by Imelda Dagus, an enterprising OFW who risked her comfortable life and high-paying job abroad to pursue her dream of becoming an entrepreneur. Imelda Dagus was inspired to become an entrepreneur when she read Robert Kiyosaki's book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, a story that resonates with most entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs. With Dennis Coffee Garden's unique concept, I predict that it's only a matter of time before they start offering franchises. 😉


The Food

During my vacation in Zamboanga city, I have visited Dennis Coffee Garden four times and every single time, I was wowed by their food. Ordering was definitely an experience because all their dishes sounded so exotic and I didn't even know if I was pronouncing their names correctly. 😜 What was good about their food was that everything was freshly made and delivered piping hot to your table. During the four times that I have visited them, I must say that I have not ordered anything that I didn't like.



Out of everything I tried at Dennis Coffee Garden, my favorite was the Putlihmandi. 😀


The Coffee

The second time I visited Dennis Coffee Garden, I made sure to order the native coffee and drink it black. I'm really not a coffee connoisseur so I can't tell a good coffee from a bad one. But I do know how to tell coffee that is not fresh and watered down and the native coffee I had at Dennis Coffee Garden was anything but! 😀


Branches

Dennis Coffee Garden has two branches in Zamboanga city, one is located along San Jose Road and the other is inside the KCC Mall de Zamboanga. I'm not sure about the San Jose branch, but the KCC branch is always packed all day long. 😲


The Menu





What I Love About It

I totally love what Dennis Coffee Garden is doing in preserving the Tausug culture and making it more mainstream. The very unique and rich traditions of the Tausug people definitely deserve the limelight and I hope that someday, through coffee from Sulu, the stigma that this place and its people have will be a thing of the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

No te Vayas de Zamboanga Song Lyrics

14 Call Center Interview Questions & Answers