My Travel WIsh List

From Zamboanga city, you have two options on how to reach Manila. By plane (45 minutes) or by boat (2 days). Of course, the latter is more affordable. However, the main reason why I chose to travel by boat to Manila is the fact that I wanted to feel like I am vacationing. I wanted to see sights that I have never seen in my life. I wanted to see islands, cities, lush tropicalgreenery, and turquoise waters,

Anyway, almost a year of being in Manila, the only place I have been to (really have been to) is Subic. I did not even really like Subic (at least where we went to). Of course, there have been numerous places which I have been to in passing, like Bulacan and some municipalities in Pampanga (going to Subic), Cebu (docked on its port), and oh I also have been to Cardona (and passed by other towns in Rizal like Tanay) last Christmas. If you count cities in metro Manila, well I have been to Quezon city, Manila city, Mandaluyong city, Makati city, Marikina city, and Pasay city.

I feel sad that when I was in Zamboanga city I never really went out that often. I mean I went out but I never really ventured out to far off places like the falls, and the far flung resorts and public beaches. And now that I'm in Manila, I try to visit every historical site and every attraction in the place.

Here are the places in Manila which I have yet to visit and plan to visit in the next few weeks:

San Agustin Church (inside of Intamuros) - oldest church in the Philippines (1607)

Casa Manila museum (inside of Intramuros) - a museum depicting house furnitures and setting during the different periods in Philippine history.

Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife - this one is near the UP Diliman campus and is perfect if you just want to relax and a read a book (something you can't do in other parks). The ambiance here resembles that ofPasonanca park.

National Museum of the Philippines

MOA (Ferry Ride) - I have been to the SM Mall of Asia last new year's eve and saw spectacular fireworks. I am planning though to go there again and experience a ferry ride in Manila bay while the weekly fireworks show ofMOA is ongoing. Wouldn't that be a treat? It's like being on a boat and watching the New York or Hong Kong skyline (in this case though it's fireworks). The mall of Asia by the way is the biggest in the country and the third biggest in the world.

Manila Ocean Park - Well this is a must I guess because it is the only oceanarium in the country and is the biggest in Asia.

Makati and Ortigas - My interest here would be the skyscrapers. Wouldn't it be neat to get a picture of myself with the skyline as a background?

I am also planning to go to Enchanted Kingdom in santa Rosa, Laguna with my call center buddies (maybe this December).

Other places which are in my travel wish list include Cambodia (angkor watt), Vigan (heritage, heritage, heritage), and Baguio (parks).

Those that have been struck through were already visited by me. 

Comments

  1. the places you mentioned are all interesting! i wish i could visit them too someday. i particularly like vigan because of its antiquity. i have a fascination with the olden times. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

14 Call Center Interview Questions & Answers

Zamboanga Hermosa song lyrics