The Importance of Networking

In this time and age, networking is very important. If you have a business which thrives on contacts (which I'm almost sure it does), networking is everything to you. Networking is also very important when it comes to looking for a job, finding a place to rent, searching for a business partner, and even in looking for a partner in life.

In Manila, I realized that people are experts when it comes to networking. I guess in a big city, you would find it hard to get by without an extensive network of contacts.

When I was applying for a job in a call center, I got to meet a lot of people (co-applicants). After just a bit of chit-chat, some of them already asked me for my cellphone number.

You would never know when a person might be important to you. It might be sooner when a person in your network is looking for a place to stay, and you happen to know one or it might be later when you need a job, and a person in your network would like to refer you to his/her company. So when an opportunity to expand your network arises, seize it!

A proof of how important networking is, is the mushrooming of various networking websites, some social and others business in nature.

You do not stay in touch with a person simply because that person is your friend but because someday, one way or another, you might be needing that friend.

I am not however saying that all people in the world are just using one another. Rather,I'm saying that we are all here to help each other out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

Zamboanga Hermosa song lyrics

Cuando by Comic Relief song lyrics