Remember, Remember, the Fifth of November

A couple of days ago, I was a senior Nursing student at the Ateneo de Zamboanga University.

Today, I am a Nursing undergraduate with just days to go before going to Manila.

I already knew that I wasn't cut out to become a nurse when I first got a taste of hospital work back in my sophomore year. However, it took me this long to gather the courage to stand up and say that enough is enough.

My aunt said that it is such a bold move. My friends told me that I shouldn't do it. My parents said that I couldn't do it. I knew that it was suicide.

So that you'll get the picture, let me describe my life. I may be twenty years old but I can say that I have lived only half of that life. You see, my whole life was school-home, school-home. I never went out. I would only go out with selected people. Yes, I am so reserved and guarding. This is why I have the emotional intelligence equivalent to that of a stick. A dog would probably score higher than me. Since, I always stayed home with my two best buddies (the PC and TV), one can say that I know nothing of life.

So this is why the people who are closest to me think that I don't have what it takes to be independent.

Manila will surely be an adventure to me. Heck, Some parts of Zamboanga city are still an adventure to me.

Guy Fawkes once attempted to destroy the houses of Parliament and kill King James in order to bring down an oppressive Protestant aristocracy.
Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder, treason and plot,
I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.
When I watched the film, V for Vendetta, it totally made me feel at one with this modern day Guy Fawkes.

Initially, I wanted to sail for Manila on November 5th. How romantic is that? But the closest I can get to 5th is 7th. And so on November 7th, I am sailing towards my independence. On that day, I will be celebrating an end to the fear which rules in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Register to DITO Promos Thru Text

14 Call Center Interview Questions & Answers

No te Vayas de Zamboanga Song Lyrics